This is our inaugural ChicagoVGA Invitational tournament and we are glad that you will be joining us on June 24 & 25th at Cantigny Golf Club in Wheaton, Illinois. Cantigny offers 27 challenging holes on beautiful, rolling terrain covering nearly 300 acres. The Woodside, Lakeside and Hillside nines each have distinct identities, adding richness to the golf experience. Cantigny is the five-time host of the Illinois State Amateur Championship and frequent regional tournaments. When it opened, in 1989, it was named “Best New Public Course in America” by Golf Digest. Since then, it has earned a reputation as one of the finest public-access golf facilities in the Midwest.
Please bookmark this page as we will provide more information about the tournament as the date get closers include participants, tee times for Saturday and Sunday, location and time for Meet and Greet (Friday night) and Dinner (Saturday night). Also, let us know if you need anything by sending us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Agenda for June 23 – 25th
- Friday’s Meet and Greet will be at Pho N Grill (123 East North Avenue Glendale Heights, IL 60139) from 7-9:30PM.
- Saturday golf at Cantigny Golf Club starting at 11:20am. Range balls are included and banh mi will be provided prior to the round [Tee Sheet]
- LOCAL RULES ENFORCED FOR THIS WEEKEND TO HELP KEEP US ON A GOOD PACE AS AGREED TO BY THE CAPTAINS AT MEET & GREET DINNER
- Gimme putts: inside the leather of the putter (about 2 feet)
- Maximum score per hole: twice par (pick up)
- Lost ball: one stroke penalty and drop ball where lost (verify with your cart partner before proceeding)
- Play the ball as it lie everywhere. Only exception is that if your ball is in a fairway divot, then you can roll your ball behind the divot to fairway turf (verify with your cart partner first before proceeding)
- Out of bound: follow USGA rules by re-teeing (hitting 3) or take distance and drop in fairway (hitting 4).
- Hazards: except for out of bound, all other will be treated as Red stakes
- Saturday dinner will be at Royal Sushi & Seafood Buffet (31 Golf Center, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169) from 6:30-9:30PM. Spouse and guest are welcome to attend. Cost for guest is about $40 not including tax and gratuity.
- Sunday golf at Cantigny Golf Club starting at 7:50am. Range balls are included and banh mi will be provided prior to the round [Tee Sheet]
- Sunday’s trophy presentation will be held at Cantigny’ outdoor patio. BBQ buffet will be served starting at 12:30pm.
- Amish Potato Salad
- Corn on the Cob
- Brown Sugar Baked Beans
- Farm-Style Mac & Cheese
- Grilled Third-Pound Burgers & Toppings
- House-Smoked Pulled Pork
- Apple Cobbler
- Water, Iced Tea, and Lemonade
Tournament Format and Teams
The tournament format is a four-team (7 players per team) competition, stroke play. Each team score will consist of the top 6 scores each day. The team with the lowest gross score after Sunday’s round will be crowned the ChicagoVGA Invitational Champion.
Players with handicap index less than 15 will play from the Blue tees and players with handicap index of 15 and higher will play from the White tees. Katelyn and Ava will play from the White tees. To help with the pace of play, a maximum score of double par will be enforced.
On Saturday, we will play Hillside and Woodside with tee time starting at 11:20am. The Blue tees will play at 6,571 yards and the White tees will play at 6,163 yards.
On Sunday, we will play Lakeside and Hillside with tee time starting at 7:50am. The Blue tees will play at 6,483 yards and the White tees will play at 6,132 yards.